Dog

Dog
MOLLY!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

August!

Hey everyone! It's August and you know what that means! Back to school! As much as I love Summer, I am definently excited about going back to school. There's something about the sound of the first school bell thats so amazing. Call me a nerd, but it's true. I have already bought supplies and clothes and I'm just waiting for the first day! Here are a few things I think everyone should have for back to school:
  • A spacious backpack. There's nothing worse than being trapped in a crowded hallway with a too-small backpack. Even worse, everything spilling out and getting them kicked around by your classmates. Think it couldn't happen to you? Well, better safe than sorry. I would recommend the Jansport backpacks. I have one and it works pretty well.
  • Another must is a pencil pouch. Don't worry about looking like a nerd. Trust me, the only one who cares is you. For guys I would buy a black or silver one with a lot of room for extra pencils and pens. Now, I personally use a small makeup bag. It has zippers and just enough room for everything I need. Not to mention it's super cute!
  • Now,if you're entering your first year of middle school a binder is a good thing to have. At Westside for 8th graders you are mostly doing things on your laptop, so a binder is kind of a waste of money. Just store extra papers in folders and the pocket in your laptop case.
  • Finally, I would suggest in investing in a good pair of gym shoes. Why buy a bunch of cheap shoes that will get ruined in a month or two. Buy a nice pair that you can wear for that whole year, and maybe even the next. I have a pair of Asics (I don't know how to spell the brand name) and they are still in great shape after more than a year of gym classes.
I hope that you guys all have a great school year! I know I will!! :)

2 comments:

  1. jeepers. you sound like a real pro. how did you learn so much in such a short time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are so enthusiastic about going back to school. I am still finishing up my summer classes. I finish next week, I am really, really looking forward to a break. I need to let my brain rest.
    I also would like to recommend timbuk2 backpacks. I use one and it is great! It has a compartment for my laptop and plenty of room for all my books, plus it has so many pockets I can't even fill them all. I try to though, mostly with snacks.
    Hope you have a good start to your school year!

    ReplyDelete